Sunday, June 15, 2014

6/14 Arrival In Berlin

This summer I will be traveling with Columbia’s Global Scholars Program (GSP) to Berlin, Moscow, Ulan Bator and Beijing to research the affect of capitalist reforms in Russia and China on regime stability. I'm super excited to spend quality time with my peers, professors and host institutions to gain an understanding of these different cultures. Although GSP has happened two years in the past, this is the first year that the professors are traveling with the students and we are continuously moving for the entire 4 weeks.

After the program ends, I'll be flying to Kyoto and Tokyo. This will be my first time traveling to Japan in a decade and after studying the language and culture at Columbia I will finally be able to put my skills to the test - especially because I will be traveling solo. 

Sink or swim baby,

JR

Mi Casa Mi Backpack
Ready to head off to JFK! 

Gift Shop in Berlin - Shirts
Hammer, Sickle and Compass
Worker, Farmer and Inteligencia

The Radio Tower 
Modernist structure created in East Berlin. Can be seen from almost anywhere in Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment